ANA, Strengthening Nursing's Voice at the National Level
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care - issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, scope of practice and access to care
- State lobbying through our State Nurses Associations and nationwide state legislative agenda on issues vital to your scope of practice.
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and many others, right up to the White House
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes, NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few
- Speaking for U.S. nurses as the only U.S.A. member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization
ANA-Maine Monitors the Issues at the State Level
- Protecting and safeguarding your Nursing Practice Act - one of the most important roles of our State Nurses Associations
- Advocating at the state level
Influence Decisions by Participating in your ANA and State Advocacy Efforts
- Join one of the many committees and boards at the national, state and local level that are shaping the direction of the association and the profession
- Participate in member surveys that let you influence the association's agenda
- Take part in grass roots advocacy efforts that let our elected officials hear your commitment on issues important to nursing
You are the future of Nursing and ANA-Maine and ANA are at the Forefront of Helping You Succeed
In addition to the new low joint membership dues, ANA-Maine and ANA also offers ANA Premier membership at a higher dues rate. With ANA Premier, you provide stronger support to advocacy efforts in your state, on Capital Hill and in regulatory agencies. ANA Premier also offers additional benefits. For more information, please visit
ANA-MAINE dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for tax purposes but may be deductible as a business expense.